Hello and Happy New Year everyone! Long time no chat! I’m excited to be sitting down and putting this post together which will list all of my 2018 resolutions and goals. To me, there’s a big difference between the two so I’ll get right into it.
For the month of December, you might have noticed that I got stuck into ‘Vlogmas’ over on my YouTube channel. I really wanted to set myself a challenge and this seemed like the perfect way to throw myself in at the deep end with YouTube. I did find it really tough to be honest, but I was definitely glad that I did it. One of the best things that I got from it was a boost in confidence on YouTube…that was much needed! I’m very ready to get stuck into it again now this week, stay tuned!
I know some people get very fed up of these typical resolutions and goals posts, but to be perfectly honest, I absolutely need one of these to refer back to during the year. Now, more than ever! I’m still in this weird limbo phase since moving home, and since I’ve already started being honest, I may as well admit that I do feel a bit lost and confused about what’s next, what direction I’m trying to steer my life, and what I want on a number of levels. But look, I’ll get there in the end and I need to just try and focus for now. So these resolutions and goals are going to help me, I can feel it!
My resolutions are the things that I want to focus on on a daily basis and on a personal level, whereas my goals are specific tasks that are measurable. I hope that makes sense…in my head they’re just very different!
- Stop bringing my phone to bed (night one was a success!)
- Exercise more
- Eat more vegetables
- Try to be tidier
- Try gain control of my road rage
- Stop worrying about the future
- Start being more proactive about tackling the things that stress me out
- Grow a pair
- Stop worrying what people think
- Spend more time with the people who matter the most
- Travel more
- Focus on having a positive mental attitude
- Drink 2 litres of water a day
- Read a new book every month
- Actually exercise (sweat) 4 times per week
- Do up my bedroom (nothing major, just a little sprucing up is needed)
- Buy the bag…this is my year, watch this space!
- Get better at photography & videography – watch YouTube tutorials once a week for each to improve this
- Redesign my website
- Stretch every day (I want to be able to touch my toes!)
- Do a weekly random act of kindness
- Instagram and YouTube… (goals below!)
- 2 blog posts per week
- 1 YouTube video per week (at least)
- Talk and write about things that matter
So anyway, my lists are very personal to me and my life at the moment but I would love to hear if you have any of the same on your lists!
Thank you so much for reading and I’ll be back tomorrow with my first ‘Wellness Wednesday’ post of the New Year!
Photos by the wonderful Bríd O’Donovan