It’s been a while since I’ve baked anything, I’ve been too busy buying my sweet treats! Time for a swift turnaround now since I am saving big time for Coachella, and hopefully a few more trips over the Summer!
It was Martin Luther King Day yesterday here so I made use of my day off by whipping up these raw brownies for the upcoming week. I made these in between episodes of Gossip Girl (I’m hooked lately!) so it literally took about 5 minutes to mix together before chilling. There’s just 4 ingredients so definitely worth a try if you want something chocolatey but “clean” to satisfy those sugar cravings after a meal.
After making these yesterday morning, I spent the day doing some real exploring around the city with the girls. We hit Central Park & Soho, and despite the baltic conditions, it was an absolutely stunning day! Check out my Instagram for more snaps – @niamh_osullivan. The cold has well and truly arrived this week, which is great because we have a ski trip planned for this weekend. We’ll be leaving the city on Friday after work and heading upstate to a lodge that we found on Air BnB. This trip will definitely help making the rest of this week fly by! If any of these raw brownies survive this week I’ll definitely bring them for everyone to try, along with the most delicious cookies I’ve ever made – recipe coming soon! 🙂
- 2 cups of dates (pitted or medjool - always!)
- 1 1/2 cups of nuts - I used a mix of pecans, walnuts & almonds, whatever I had in the press!
- 4 tablespoons of cacao
- 2 tablespoons of maple syrup
- Soak the dates in warm water for 5 minutes
- Add the nut mixture to your blender and blend until a crumbly consistency
- Remove & add to your mixing bowl
- Drain off the excess liquid off the dates & blend until a thick paste forms
- Add to the nut mixture
- Add in the cacao and maple syrup
- Combine the mixture well and until it is as smooth as possible
- Add the mixture to a lined baking tin and press down until flat
- Chill the brownies in the freezer for 1 hour before removing and slicing
- Store in the fridge
If anyone tries, I hope you enjoy these as much as I do!