Hello from a very humid New York City! It’s time for another #ThursdayTreats recipe post. Today I’m sharing my most delicious Almond Butter Fudge. The thing about this recipe is that the main ingredient is definitely NOT what you will be expecting!
So if you’ve already scrolled down to see what the recipe consists of, please do not be alarmed that my main ingredient is chickpeas. I solemnly swear that this is such a delicious and simple recipe that you will enjoy. I tested the recipe on my friends Barry & Thomas and they cleared the entire batch. Chickpeas are pretty much completely tasteless so please don’t knock this before you try it!
I love chickpeas for how good they are for you, and they’re a good source of protein too! My main aim for these Thursday Treats is simply to help people substitute out typically less healthy ingredients for some surprisingly better ones, while still enjoying sweet treats. Emphasis on the surprisingly with this one, but I definitely am confident that I’ve done just that.
- 1 tin of chickpeas
- 1 cup of almond butter
- 1/2 cup of agave/honey/maple
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- (as always, just use the same cup for these measurements. You don't need to be too strict with it, add more or less of whichever ingredient you prefer)
- Rinse and drain the chickpeas
- Add all the ingredients into the NutriBullet and combine until the mixture is blended
- You may need to scrape the sides down a few times
- Line a baking tray with some parchment paper and very lightly grease some coconut oil onto it
- The mixture should be like a thick paste by now, if not, add some more almond butter!
- Dish out your mixture onto the parchment paper and spread into a square shape so that the fudge is about an inch thick
- Pop into the freezer to set for 3-4 hours
- Remove and slice into bite sizes
- **Make sure to store in the freezer, they will never go rock solid. They will be a tad too soft if they're kept in the fridge**
I hope everyone has a super weekend, and if you try this recipe please snap me (niamhso21). I’m going to Boston with Conor on Saturday which I’m really looking forward to.