I’ve definitely made one of my favorite recipes to date. These Almond & Coconut Slices are a combination of two of my favorite flavors ever, not to mention the dark chocolate on top!
So these are a seriously simple treat to whip up. My friend Sarah and I were trying to keep busy and not go out last Friday night, and these were the perfect distraction! In New York, money has this incredible way of disappearing without you even noticing. We made these last weekend, the last weekend in April, which meant one thing – rent was due! It’s slightly heartbreaking handing over such a monstrous amount of money each month for such a tiny space that I’m never even in, but I suppose it’s all part of the experience over here! I really can’t complain though, the Upper East Side is the coolest neighborhood full of amazing restaurants and bars. Walking down 2nd Avenue near my apartment on a sunny day is the dream when you’re looking for somewhere to eat – it literally has everything you could want! It makes me so excited for Summer, to be able to sit outside and eat!
- 2 cups of raw almonds
- 1 cup of shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup of melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup of almond butter
- 2 tbsp of agave/honey/maple syrup
- 1 tbsp of oat flour/coconut flour
- 1/2 bar of dark chocolate
- Blend the almonds in the blender until you reach a flour consistency
- Add all the dry ingredients except the chocolate to a large bowl
- Melt the coconut oil on the cooker and then add in the almond butter and sweetener so that a liquid mixture forms
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and combine well
- On a lined baking tray, spread out the mixture to be 1.5 cms thick
- Pop into the fridge for 1-2 hours to chill
- Melt the dark chocolate in the microwave
- Remove the baking tray from the fridge and spread the chocolate on the mixture
- Leave to cool for about 30 mins, then slice into the sizes that you like
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for a few days
- Do not leave at room temperature or they will become very crumbly
I hope everyone had a great week. I feel like I’ve never been so busy in my life as the past few weeks! There’s lots of exciting things happening in the very near future for me, starting with a really fun shoot this Saturday. Make sure to follow along on Snapchat (niamhos21)!