HELLOOOO FRIDAY! Specifically, Foodie Friday. From here on out, I’m promising a new recipe every single Friday. I really want to share more recipes of the food that I eat every single day. The first one had to be our homemade granola recipe. I’ve now christened it: “gorgeous granola”. I tried to get creative and the word gorgeous is literally as far as I got, lol!
I mentioned in a previous post how cereal/granola to me is everything from breakfast to lunch to dinner and snacks. It’s the most comforting food ever. Served on its own or with ice cold milk, it’s my ultimate favourite.
- 500grams of Flahavan’s Jumbo Oats
- 2 tablespoons each of sesame, sunflower and pumpkin seeds
- 2 handfuls of your favourite nuts I usually go for almonds & cashews
- 4 tablespoons of Malt Extract (you’ll find this is any health food shop but if not, then use honey or maple syrup)
- 4 tablespoons of sunflower oil (or 2 tablespoons of sunflower oil & 2 tablespoons of coconut oil)
- 4 tablespoons of water
- Preheat your oven to 140 Celsius
- In a large mixing bowl, blend your malt extract, oil and water with a whisk, spoon or fork
- Add in your oats, seeds and nuts and mix it all up well
- Place the mixture into the largest roasting tin you can find (ours in 37cm x 32cm)
- Cook at 140 Celsius for 30 minutes. Toss the mixture and the cook for another 20 minutes. Toss again and cook until the oats are golden brown
- Allow to cool and store in an airtight container
…And it’s as simple as that! Let me know if you try this recipe. It’s one of my absolute favourite things to eat at any time of the day. I missed it so much in New York that whenever my parents visited or I came home, I would always be given or bring back a bag of this for myself.
Have a great weekend,