Today’s Thursday Treats post is featuring some delicious Peanut Butter Brownie Bars. Last week I was absent with this latest series, and for that I apologize. The past few weeks have been crazy. Between preparing for my trip home, sorting out my visa and then juggling work, I had simply no time to perfect this recipe. Im 99% sure that my Mum was the only one who noticed, and don’t worry, she gave me a slap on the wrist for making empty promises haha!
I’m going to keep this short and sweet, because to be honest the name of the recipe speaks for itself. These are so tasty and so quick. I did a clear-out of our kitchen press (note how that is not plural, we have one press), and found about three bags of coconut flour so I had to incorporate it into this recipe to get rid of it. I’m excited to get home next week to be back in my big kitchen with actual space and more utensils than a NutriBullet and one mixing bowl. I probably should Snapchat what it’s actually like trying to bake and photograph everything in my studio apartment. It might make people not romanticize Manhattan living so much, because trust me when I say that it is not glamorous.
- 50g coconut flour
- 15g cacao
- 150g pitted/medjool dates
- 40g peanut butter
- 15g agave/maple/honey
- 2 tablespoons water/almond milk
- Soak the dates in hot water for about 5 minutes and then drain until there is only a small drop left
- Add to your NutriBullet and blend until you get a smooth mixture
- Add the coconut flour and cacao to a large bowl and mix
- Add in the remaining ingredients and combine until the mixture is completely mixed together and even (this may take some elbow grease!)
- Feel free to add extra liquid if it's very dry
- Add the mixture to a parchment lined baking tray and press down until you get a smooth level
- Pop it in the fridge for about an hour, then remove and cut into the shape you like
- Drizzle with peanut butter for the perfect Instagram shot 🙂
This recipe should give you about 4 bars, which is better than a massive batch, because it means you’re less likely to eat as much in one sitting after making them.
If you try these, snap me – niamhos21!
PS. I know that it’s weird to only have one image in the post, but if you follow my snaps – you’ll know that photoshop was not my friend last night!