Good morning & happy Sunday! I am currently out in The Hamptons with the girls, it is so nice to get out of the city and see the sea again! I thought I might share a recipe this morning to make sure you have your Sunday snacking sorted and your treats for the week ready to go if anything survives today!
I made these Almond Butter Cookies on the same night that I whipped up these Almond & Coconut Slices. That night led to a lot of overeating, but it’s too difficult to not eat something when there’s no physical room to put it anywhere in your tiny apartment except your stomach… Almonds are definitely my favorite nuts/nut butter. They’re jam packed with vitamin E which is super for your skin and your immune system too, definitely a staple in my every day diet. I know that they are still quite high in good fats, but I just think that a high fat snack like these is still ten times better than a mars bar or that sugar filled granola bar that is deceivingly unhealthy.
- 1 cup of oat flour
- 1/2 cup of almond butter
- 2 tbsp of coconut oil
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 tbsp of agave
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 fahrenheit/180 celsius
- Melt the coconut oil
- Add your almond butter and agave and allow to cool for about 10 mins
- Whisk two eggs in a bowl and set aside
- To your eggs, add in your oat flour and baking powder
- Then add your almond butter, agave and coconut oil (Make sure that they have cooled but are not solid - if they are too hot when you add them to the rest of the mixture, they will start to cook the eggs. You do not want a cookie that tastes like scrambled eggs - trust me!)
- Combine all of the ingredients well and add in your dark chocolate chips
- On a lined baking tray, place your cookies out into the sizes that you want
- Bake for 10-15 minutes - depending on how golden you want them to be, the lighter in color - the chewier they are, so it is up to you
- Store in an airtight container
I hope everyone had a super weekend, I really cannot believe that it’s already mid May!? You can keep up with the rest of our antics in The Hamptons on Snapchat (niamhos21) & Instagram (@niamh_osullivan).